Susan D Taylor Interview!
Posted by amoscassidy
WELCOME, SUSAN D TAYLOR TO THE BLOG!
HERE IS THE INTERVIEW…
1. When did you know that you wanted to be a writer? Was there a single moment of clarity or did the knowledge just creep up on you?
Well I had neurosurgery and stopped working. I began teaching yoga but had so many hours in the day left. I began writing fiction as a way to fill my time. I studied, took classes, read a ton of books.
2. Tell us about your writing schedule. Do you write everyday? At the weekends? Or like me – whenever you get the chance?
I WRITE EVERYDAY. No excuses.
3. What inspires you?
I’m ADHD with the type of laser focus. If I like something, I do it. A lot!
4. Where did you get the idea for your latest novel – how was it born?
The latest is a series, Order of the Vampire. I wrote two other books with vampire secondary characters and liked the power these beings have so I thought what about one who is both powerful and fragile, the polarities of these essences across an existence.
5. If you could choose any book in the world to have written which one would it be and why?
Oh there are so many, but I think Velocities by Stephen Dobyns. My favourite book of poetry.
6. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and why?
Eve – The Bible. I’ve an affinity with snakes.
7. What advice would you give to other writers out there who are thinking of self publishing their work?
Edit, edit, edit.
8. Who is, or are, your favourite author(s)?
Joyce Carol Oates, Philip K. Dick
9. Do you write for a specific genre or do you like to dabble in several?
Romance: Western series (Bad Boys), paranormal (Rocky Mountain Shifters and Order of the Vampire) series, fantasy, sports, multicultural, erotica, contemporary.
10. Okay some quick fire questions. Don’t think to hard just answer.
Super Villain or Super Hero?
Ice-cream or chocolate?
Damsel or Dominatrix?
Underwear or commando?
Beach or the Alps?
Edward Cullen or Lestat?
Keep the One Ring or throw it in Mount Doom?
Audio or Paperback?
Horror or Romance?
Phew! Okay that was fun!
Thank you so much. Lots of fun. xo