Cyndi Goodgame Interview!
Posted by amoscassidy
Welcome to the blog, Cyndi Goodgame 🙂
Here is the interview…
1. When did you know that you wanted to be a writer? Was there a single moment of clarity or did the knowledge just creep up on you?
Second grade. I still have my haunted house stories where creepy sounds and ghosts ruled my paranormal mind.
2. Tell us about your writing schedule. Do you write everyday? At the weekends? Or like me – whenever you get the chance?
It would be nice if our bodies didn’t need sleep so I could stay up all night and write. However, since I teach junior high, my life allows me to write a few hours at night and on the weekends. (And during my summer off. )
3. What inspires you?
Classic fiction like Jane Austen and recent writers such as Becca Fitzpatrick and Stephenie Meyer like books get my mind jump started, but msic gets me where my mind wants to take my own stories more than anything.
4. Where did you get the idea for your latest novel – how was it born?
That’s a funny story. The Siphon Chronicles was born from a car ride with my husband and my mother during a road trip. I mentioned an idea and they strung it along with entirely different outcomes (i.e. their version involved something with Spongebob in it), but ignited the initial idea.
5. If you could choose any book in the world to have written which one would it be and why?
Anything by Jane Austen because her books are beautifully done and the most eloquently written words ever!
6. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and why?
Guinevere from King Arthur and the Round Table. She rules, no matter how much Arthur likes to think he is, and she has all the elements of what my perfect story in life would outline. (minus the invention of the inside bathroom)
7. What advice would you give to other writers out there who are thinking of self publishing their work?
Go for it! You never know unless you try. Keep a tough skin and never give up!
8. Who is, or are, your favourite author(s)?
Jane Austen, William Shakespeare, Robert Frost, J.K. Rowling, Becca Fitzpatrick, Edgar Allen Poe
9. Do you write for a specific genre or do you like to dabble in several?
Young Adult Paranormal Romance with a little bit of Paranormal everything. I recently started writing juvenile fiction also.
10. Okay some quick fire questions. Don’t think to hard just answer.
Super Villain or Super Hero?
Ice-cream or chocolate?
Damsel or Dominatrix?
Underwear or commando?
Beach or the Alps?
Edward Cullen or Lestat?
Team Cullen all the way!
Keep the One Ring or throw it in Mount Doom?
Throw it in Mount Doom
Audio or Paperback?
Horror or Romance?
Phew! Okay that was fun!
About amoscassidyHello, we're Amos Cassidy, a pair of budding writers with imaginations that won't quit and a bunch of stories waiting to be told. So we write, one tale at a time. Come peek into our heads, yeah, its a little cluttered but by no means boring. We hope you enjoy your visit. Amos Cassidy
Posted on October 8, 2013, in NEWS and tagged author interview, cyndi goodgame, fiction, novels, writing, YAY!. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment