Bryan W Dull Interview + Giveaway!
Hi, Bryan! Welcome to our blog! Thanks so much for stopping by!
1. When did you know that you wanted to be a writer? Was there a single moment of clarity or did the knowledge just creep up on you?
I think it was when I was about twelve or thirteen. I knew it when I was around a fire I told a story off the top of my head…that and when my mom bought me Pet Semetary. I freaked me out a little because no one I knew had any sort of interest in books or writing.
2. Tell us about your writing schedule. Do you write everyday? At the weekends? Or like me – whenever you get the chance?
My writing schedule right now is when I have the time, but I think I will have to speed it up a bit. Usually at night when everyone else is in bed.
3. What inspires you?
Movie trailer music.
4. Where did you get the idea for your latest novel – how was it born?
“Equinox” is the sequel to the bestseller “Solstice”. I didn’t want to go into a sequel and do a copy and paste of the original or do any vampire tale stereotypes (werewolves, fae, etc.) so I decided to try something else that worked out well in term of character development.
5. If you could choose any book in the world to have written which one would it be and why?
“The Thief of Always” by Clive Barker. The concept of living every holiday in one day, day after day is great and terrifying.
6. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and why?
Tyler Durden from Chuck Palahniuk’s “Fight Club”. I agree with a lot of ideas and the mentality of consumerism in America but I like certain things too much to pull off that attitude.
7. What advice would you give to other writers out there who are thinking of self publishing their work?
Promote, promote, promote. You are not going to be successful by simply putting out a book, make sure people know who you are.
8. Who is, or are, your favourite author(s)?
Neil Gaiman, Ernest Cline, Stephen King, Clive Barker, and Chuck Palahniuk.
9. Do you write for a specific genre or do you like to dabble in several?
I am starting to dabble. I thought I would do only horror and thriller but I think you may be surprised soon.
10. Okay some quick fire questions. Don’t think to hard just answer.
Super Villain or Super Hero?
Ice-cream or chocolate?
Chocolate Ice Cream
Damsel or Dominatrix?
Depends on the circumstance…is it kinky?
Underwear or commando?
Beach or the Alps?
Edward Cullen or Lestat?
Lestat, a real vampire
Keep the One Ring or throw it in Mount Doom?
Mount Doom, then again I would never take the challenge in the first place.
Audio or Paperback?
Horror or Romance?
Horror. Romance is grown up stuff.
Phew! Okay that was fun!
Amazon UK Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bryan-W.-Dull/e/B005MVMTI8/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_2?qid=1379674642&sr=8-2
Amazon LInk: http://www.amazon.com/Bryan-W.-Dull/e/B005MVMTI8/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1379674686&sr=8-1
Giveaway Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/share-code/MzQwYjU4YjhhOWJkZTgyZDg5ZmU0ZmUwZDRmN2Y1OjI=/
Posted on September 24, 2013, in NEWS and tagged blog post, books, bryan w dull, fiction, giveaway, interview, writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment